domingo, 4 de febrero de 2018

Rephrasing Exams 6-10

Use of English Rephrasing Exam 6


(Write 2 to 5 words + use the given word without modification)

(1) If a dog likes you it wags its tail.
FRIENDS
A dog wags its tail if it you.

(2) Saving money for a rainy day is a wise thing to do.
ASIDE
It is wise to a rainy day.

(3) My girlfriend is thinking of living with me.
MOVING
My girlfriend with me.

(4) I can't believe what you said.
SURPRISING
I found .

(5) I will be thinking of you all the time you are away.
MISS
I the time you are away.

(6) Washing your car in the rain doesn't make sense.
POINT
There your car in the rain.


Use of English Rephrasing Exam 7


(Write 2 to 5 words + use the given word without modification)

(1) John does not like to work.
LAZY
John person.

(2) They think prices will rise next year.
EXPECTED
Prices year.

(3) Why don't you stop smoking?
WERE
If I smoking.

(4) Although he studied all night, he failed his exam.
DESPITE
He failed his exam night.

(5) She was too ill to work.
IMPOSSIBLE
Her illness her to work.

(6) It is normal to give waiters some money for their service.
TIP
It is normal to give service.


B2 Use of English Rephrasing Exam 8


(Write 2 to 5 words + use the given word)

(1) They have not seen each other for a long time.
SINCE
It has they last met.

(2) Robert started living in London six months ago.
FOR
Robert has six months.

(3) If Joe hadn't lost the match he would be happier.
WIN
Joe is unhappy the match.

(4) There used to be more pigeons around here.
NUMEROUS
Pigeons are not to be.

(5) Your behaviour last night has been widely criticised.
LOT
Your behaviour last night has come criticism.

(6) I need to update my diary.
BRING
I need to date.


B2 use of English Rephrasing Exam 9



(1) We found it difficult to understand his accent.
HAD
We accent.

(2) We couldn't have gone without your help.
BEEN
If it your help, we couldn't have gone.

(3) It started to snow as soon as they got there.
THAN
Hardly it started to snow.

(4) I will only do it once I have been paid.
BEEN
Not until I  I do it.

(5) The rumour that they are engaged is not true.
TRUTH
There is that they are engaged.

(6) We were too busy to call you yesterday.
SO
We were not call you yesterday.

B2 Use of English Exam 10


(Write 2 to 5 words + use the given word without modification)

(1) I hate sitting by myself at lunch.
OWN
I hate at lunch.

(2) They should go if the don't want to be late.
BETTER
They  don't want to be late.

(3) The bank will be closed so it's not worth going now.
POINT
There's because the bank will be closed.

(4) We were late getting to the party because the taxi was late.
TIME
If the taxi we wouldn't have been late getting to the party.

(5) She had never eaten snails before.
FIRST
It was the eaten snails.

(6) Her mother doesn't let her play until she finishes her work.
MAKES
Her mother before she can play.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario