lunes, 5 de febrero de 2018

LINKERS REPHRASING SOLUTIONS

1.-The Trocadero Plaza is popular with shoppers. The Trocadero Plaza has good public transport. (since, so)
 The Trocadero Plaza has good public transport, so it is popular with shoppers.
The Trocadero Plaza is popular with shoppers since it has good public transport.
 
2.-Most tourists go to Golden Sands Beach. Golden Sands Beach is one of the most polluted in the country. (although, however)
Most tourists go to Golden Sands Beach althought it is one of the most polluted in the country. 
 
Most tourists go to Golden Sands Beach. However, it is one of the most polluted in the country.
3.-I'm going to do a course in Italian next year. I'm going to improve my Mandarin next year. (also, besides)


I'm going to do a course in Italian next year and I'm also going to improve my Mandarin. 

I'm going to do a course in Italian next year. Besides,  I'm going to improve my Mandarin. 
4.-I'm not very good at languages. I'm going to do a course in Mandarin next year. (For this reason, because)
I'm not very good at languages. For this reason, I'm going to do a course in Mandarin next year.
I'm going to do a course in Mandarin next year because I'm not very good at languages. 
 
5.-I'm quite good at languages. I'm going to take courses in Korean, Japanese and French next year. (therefore, as)
I'm quite good at languages. Therefore, I'm going to take courses in Korean, Japanese and French next year.
As I'm quite good at languages. I'm going to take courses in Korean, Japanese and French next year.  
 
6.-The traffic was terrible this morning. I managed to get to work on time. (Nevertheless, although)
The traffic was terrible this morning. Nevertheless, I managed to get to work on time. 
 Although the traffic was terrible this morning, I managed to get to work on time.
 
7.-The traffic was terrible this morning. I was about 25 minutes late for work. (As a result, due to) 
The traffic was terrible this morning. As a result, I was about 25 minutes late for work. 
I was about 25 minutes late for work this morning due to the terrible traffic.   
 
8.-Smoking is bad for your health. Smoking is a waste of money. (not only… but also; apart from) 
Smoking is not only bad for your health but also a waste of money.
Apart from being bad for your health, smoking is a waste of money. 
9.-I don't think Charlie Wong would be a good candidate for this job. He is hard working and reliable. (However; although)
Although Charlie Wong is hard working and reliable,  I don't think he would be a good candidate for this job.
Charlie Wong is hard working and reliable. However, I don't think he would be a good candidate for this job.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario