viernes, 4 de noviembre de 2022

UNIT 5 (PRESENT AND FUTURE TENSES): REPHRASING WITH MODAL SIMPLE VERB

https://sites.cssmi.qc.ca/nkeeley/IMG/pdf/modal.verbs.withkey.pdf


Rewrite the sentences using the modal verbs in brackets. 

1. It’s possible that Jane will visit Switzerland next year. (could)
2. I’m thinking about taking Spanish lessons. (may)
3. I’m sure they’ll be home by now. (must)
4. James definitely isn’t eighteen yet! (can)
5. It’s possible the weather will be sunny tomorrow. (might)
6. It is not necessary to bring your books tomorrow. (have to)
7. I know that girl isn't Janet. She's in America. (can)
8. I'm sure she thinks I'm stupid. (must)
9. They're always buying new cars. I'm certain they have a lot of money. (must)
10. I advise you to be very patient. (should)
11. You're an architect? I'm sure that's an interesting job. (must)
12. It's forbidden to use mobile phones during the test. (must)
13. It is not necessary to give a notice if she arrives before 11 pm. (have to)
14. This water is possibly dangerous. (could)

15. I bet I look silly in this coat. (must)

23. Politics is sometimes really boring. (can)



Rewrite the sentences using a modal verb. 

1. It isn’t necessary for you to take a jacket.
2. I advise you to see a dentist.
3. You aren’t allowed to talk during the exam.
4. It’s forbidden to park here.
5. I advise you to study harder.
6. He is obliged to go to the police station twice a week.
7. Tom knows how to speak Spanish.
8. He had permission to go to the party.
9. It isn’t possible that that is our plane.
10. It isn’t necessary to take a thick coat.
11. It is possible that Jake is in his room. Jake…
12. Perhaps we will not see them at the weekend. We…
13. I don’t know if I will go to the concert. I…
14. They are certain that bringing up children is not easy. Bringing up children…
15. It is unnecessary for you to come. You…
16. I advise him to give up smoking. He…
17. Eating chewing-gum in the class in prohibited. Students…


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario