miércoles, 23 de septiembre de 2015

ELVIS HAS SOME QUESTIONS...





1.    Can you fill in the questions with the correct words?

__________________     lonesome tonight?
_________________________     me tonight?
___________________________    sorry we drifted apart?
_______________________________    to a brighter sunny day
When I kissed you and called you sweetheart?
__________________________     in your parlor seem empty and bare?
____________________________      at your doorstep and picture me there?
_________________________    filled with pain?      __________________again?
Tell me dear,    ____________________lonesome tonight?


Is your heart            are you        Does your memory stray            Are you           Do you gaze       Shall I come back      Are you    Do the chairs       Do you miss


I wonder if you're lonesome tonight
You know someone said that the world’s a stage
And each must play a part.
Fate had me playing in love you as my sweet heart.
Act one was when we met, I loved you at first glance
You read your line so cleverly and never missed a cue
Then came act two, you seemed to change and you acted strange
And why I'll never know.
Honey, you lied when you said you loved me
And I had no cause to doubt you.
But I'd rather go on hearing your lies
Than go on living without you.
Now the stage is bare and I’m standing there
With emptiness all around
And if you won’t come back to me
Then make them bring the curtain down.

____________________filled with pain?______________________again?
Tell me dear, _____________________ lonesome tonight?

           are you            Shall I come back                      Is your heart


NEW WORDS: Can you match the new words with their meanings?
stray
cue
stage
curtain
bare
I’d rather
play a part
drift apart fate
gaze
parlor
lonesome
miss
lie


MEANINGS
destino
telón
separarse 
solo/a  
echar de menos/perder
salón
mentir
mirar, contemplar     
representar un papel
escenario (teatro)
desnudo
vagar, perderse
apunte (teatro)   
preferiría













No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario