viernes, 27 de octubre de 2023

REVISION.MODULE 1. REPHRASINGS

 TRANSFORMATIONS. Complete the second sentence so that it has a
similar meaning to the first sentence. Use the word in CAPITAL LETTERS when
provided.

1. We started working here three years ago.

We ..................................... three years

2. This is the first time I have been on a plane.

I ..................................... before.

3. That’s strange! My pen isn’t here!

That’s strange! .......................................... disappeared!

4. Nicky and Jan aren’t at this school any more.

Nicky and Jan .......................................... this school

5. I saw a friend of yours a few moments ago.

I .......................................a friend of yours.

6. I’m still writing my letter.

I .........................................my letter yet.

7. Is this your first visit to South America?

Have .................................... before?

8. Oh bother! My wallet is still in the car.

Oh bother! I ........................... my wallet in the car.

9. It’s a long time since we spoke to your sister.

We ..............................to your sister for a long time.

10. Is Anna still asleep?

Has .................................. up yet?

11. Michael took a deep breath and dived into the water.

After ................... a deep breath ,he dived into the water.

12. I thought the book seemed familiar

I thought .................................. the book before.

13. I bought this coat three years ago. FOR

I ......................................... three years.

14. We’ve never seen such a funny film. EVER

It’s the .................... seen

15. John hasn’t played golf for years TIME

The ................... golf was years ago.

16. It was the first time I had met a film star. NEVER

I ............................. a film star before.

17. It’s four weeks since I spoke to Paul. HAVE

I ............................... for four weeks.

18. I met Cristina , my English teacher, last year . FOR

I ..................................................one year.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario