lunes, 9 de mayo de 2022

GRAMMAR REVISION 1

 VERB TENSES

1. I hope you are hungry. I ………………………….. (cook ) all day !

2. At this time next year, we …………………………………….(work) in Australia.

3. They sold ………………………… (sell) their car a month ago.

4. By the time you called, I …………………….. ( already / recover ) from the accident.

5. While Joe …………………………..( work ) on the computer, the power went off. 

6. He managed ………………. (be) ready on time. (gerund or infinitive)

7. I prefer ……………………… (run) in the mornings. ( gerund or infinitive )

8.-The government will begin a campaign to get more support in the north. (Past perfect, negative, interrogative).

9.-The teacher forbade the students to use their dictionaries for the exam. (Change to future perfect negative)

CONDITIONAL SENTENCES, I WISH, IF ONLY

10. I am tired of working for this company.  I wish…

11. We don’t have a cure for cancer.   If only …

12. He suffered a heart attack because of his bad diet. He wishes …

13. Ralph recovered because he followed a new treatment. If…

14. I can’t study abroad because I can’t afford to. If…

15. Remember your password to have access. If…

16.-If the students tear the football, they won’t be able to play the match. (change to 3rd conditional)

PASSIVE, CAUSATIVE, IMPERSONAL

17.-They should have changed this product a long time ago.

18.-Why are the students writing a new slogan?

19.-Did the new teacher mark our exams?

20.- The optician will check my eyes as soon as possible. (causative)

21.-People believe that the new US President is more moderate. (2 impersonal)

22. The producers should have paid the actress a higher salary (2 passives)

23. The actors in this film are paid a good salary by the new producer. (active)

24. The actor has had his suit made by a famous designer. (active)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario