lunes, 20 de mayo de 2019

FINAL TEST: GRAMMAR REVISION



-Reported Speech: statements, questions, orders, suggestions. Reporting verbs.
1.-“There was an accident here yesterday”-He told me.
2.-“Do you write you exams in pencil in this school?”-Peter asked me.
3.-“Put your exams in this box”- The teacher asked the students.
4.-“Don’t use your mobile phone during the lesson” The teacher warned her students.
5.-“Let’s play tennis today”- Mary suggested.

-Passive sentences in different tenses. Double object passive sentences. Impersonal Passive. Causative form.
1.-He is writing a letter in his bedroom.
2.-The tourists have visited the cathedral in the morning.
3.-Mary told us a joke.(2)
4.-They believe that the new coach is very patient.(impersonal)
It……………………………………………………………………………………………….
The new coach……………………………………………………………………………
5.-A cleaning company is cleaning our house. (causative) ………………………………………………………………………………
by a cleaning company. (causative)

-Relative sentences. Defining and Non-defining relative sentences. Complete with relative pronouns. Join two sentences using a relative pronoun. Omit the relative when possible. Add commas when necessary.
1.-The boy ……………………… you saw at the entrance is my brother.
2.-The teacher ………………………….. car was stolen works in my school.
3.-Norba School ……………………… I studied secondary education has a bilingual section.
4.- 1. The parcel reached me this morning. My brother sent it.
5.-The Valley of Jerte is in the north of Cáceres. I was born there.
6.-Peter works at the hospital. His brother is a pilot.

-Verb tenses: present simple, present continuous, past simple, past continuous, present perfect, present perfect continuous, past perfect, predictions with will / may /might, future continuous (will be doing), future perfect (will have done). Complete sentences. Rephrase sentences using the correct tense.
Click HERE to see an activity to complete with verb tenses.
Typical rephrasing with verb tenses:
1.-I visited a lot of places on my tour to UK. (while)
2.-I started learning English six years ago. (for)
3.-I bought this car in 2010. (since)
4.-First I had some cereals. Then I went to bed. (after)
5.-She has been smoking for three years. (ago)

-Questions
1.-Mary lives with two girls.
2.-My cousin is tall and handsome.
3.-Peter has to finish his project by next Monday.
4.-Robert visited us last week.
5.-The student failed because he didn't revise.

-Connectors. Complete sentences. Rephrase sentences using connectors.
1.-________________ he didn’t revise, he passed the exam with very good marks.
2.-He went to the police station because he wanted to complain about the noise in his area. (in order to)
3.-Peter bought a new car because he didn’t want to share it with his brother. (so as not to / so that)
4.-Although he was very organized, he lost his passport. (However)
5.-Although he studied all night, he failed his exam. (despite)

-Conditional sentences (0, 1, 2, 3). Complete sentences with the correct tense. Rephrase sentences using conditional sentences.
1.-If I were you, I ……………………………. (invest) in this business.
2.-My parents would have been happier if I ……………………… (arrive) earlier.
3.-You can improve your pronunciation speaking with a native person. (If…)
4.-He can’t apply for a job in our country because he doesn’t have a work permit. (If…)
5.-They didn’t go to the party because they had an exam. (If…)

-Modal verbs, simple and perfect. Complete with the correct modal verb. Rephrase sentences using modal verbs.
To complete with modals (simple) click HERE
To complete with modals (simple and perfect) click HERE

Typical rephrasings with modal verbs:
1.-My computer is not working. I’m sure it was damaged during the storm.
2.-In my opinion, you work too much.
3.-Peter had money to buy a new car but he decided to it second hand.
4.-My sister had to finish her project by Monday but she didn’t.
5.-It is not necessary for the students to read the last story. 

-I wish / If only. Complete verb tenses. Rephrase.
1.-It is a shame your brother didn't come to my party.
2.-I don't like she always arrives late.
3.-Your room is a real mess.
4.-I am sorry I couldn't visit you last weekend.



 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario