domingo, 16 de septiembre de 2012

WE ARE YOUNG!!! DESCRIBING MUSIC

This is probably one of the most popular songs this summer. Do you like it? Let us know. Leave your comments, please.





The next article from http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/descriptive-rds-for-music.html can help you find words to describe music.



Descriptive Words for Music

If you would like to know somedescriptive words for music, you might want to know some of the different aspects of music. There are many kinds of music, many ways to describe it, and many ways it affects us.

Descriptive Words for Music

Let’s look first at the different kinds of music. This is one of the first ways that people describe music. You might describe music by referring to the country of origin, or the style of the music. You could also use words that refer to the instrument making the sound or the purpose of the music.  
Some examples of descriptive words for music which tell the kind of music are: southern, western, country, easy listening, progressive, new age, retro, blues, choral, rhythm and blues, hip hop, instrumental, ambient, sacred, march, reggae, steel drum, organ, rock, heavy metal, disco, classical, baroque, romantic, renaissance, ceremonial, folk, bluegrass, Celtic, electronic, anthem, ballad, Hawaiian, lament, and lullaby.

How Music Sounds

Timbre is the term for the color of music, the sound of it. For example, a cello and a clarinet may both play the same note at the same volume, but you would still be able to differentiate between the music made by each. It is a combination of frequencies that makes up the individual sounds; that is the color of the tone.
Some descriptive words for music in relationship to timbre are:  loud, soft, brassy, gentle, romantic, melodious, raucous, strong, eerie, spooky, rhythmic, choppy, noisy, mellow, shrill, reedy, clear, breathy, rounded, full, thin, piercing, strident, harsh, warm, resonant, dark, bright, heavy, light, and flat.  
(fuerte, suave, estridente, suave, romántica, melodiosa, estridente, fuerte, misterioso, espeluznante, rítmica, agitada, ruidosa, suave, aguda, penetrante aflautada, clara, entrecortada, envolvente, llena, delgada, estridente, áspera, caliente, resonante, oscura, brillante, pesada, ligera y plana.)


The Effects of Music

Music is a big part of our lives. We use it for special occasions and to set the mood in movies and television shows. Music can help us pass the time or connect us to our roots. Listening to music takes the whole brain, and has many positive and beneficial effects.
  • Heals - Music can reduce chronic pain and improve depression. It does this by making the body release endorphins, slowing the breathing and heart rate, distracts the patient, and helps give the patient a feeling of control. It can strengthen the immune system and reduce blood pressure.
  • Makes you smarter - Music can help you learn better in reading, math, and reasoning skills. It can also improve memory. Certain types of music stimulate both sides of the brain, thereby enhancing learning, concentration, and retention. Musical training improves memory even more than just listening.    
  • Improves physical performance - There is a reason why you see people running while listening to their iPod. Music decreases fatigue and improves motor reflexes. It can help people with movement disorders.
  • Improve productivity - Certain kinds of music lessen fatigue. Music can increase productivity by making workers mentally sharper.
  • Calms - Music can calm and relax. It reduces stress and negative emotions.  It can also help you meditate.
  • Improves moods - Music can lessen depression. Research is proving what many cultures have known; that music heals and has positive psychotherapeutic uses.
Here are some words that describe what music can do to you and for you: Music can... soothe, excite, relax, stimulate, meditate, calm, enlighten, frighten, give a feeling of foreboding, help you re-focus, invigorate, rejuvenate, stir your imagination, make you happy, lift your mood, restore, cure, heal, empower, stir, incite, lift your spirits, make you more alert, exhilarate, and bring about practically any emotion.  
(La música puede ... calmar, excitar, relajar, estimular, meditar, calmar, aclarar, asustar, dar sensación de aprensión, ayudar a volver a enfocar, fortalecer, rejuvenecer, agitar la imaginación,  hacerte feliz, levantar el ánimo, restaurar, curar, sanar, capacitar, revolver, incitar, levantar el ánimo, ponerte alerta, regocijar, y provocarte prácticamente cualquier emoción.)
In summary, music is a lot more than a soundtrack to our lives; it is an integral part of our lives. Can you imagine a movie without some music? Would there even be entertainment without music? If you want to be healthy and smart, then music is the key. What people have known since ancient times is now being proven by research. Music is good for the body and soul.

24 comentarios:

  1. Hello blog, now it´s not the same, it have been to long since last time, anyway I don´t mine about it do you?.
    I have to talk about my favourite song of summer but there is a problem, I got 2, I can talk about both of them though.
    1º( not for being the first one is the best).The song is called ``Un desencanto encantador´´, it is of the singer ``Piezas´´, he is from Murcia he usually sings rap.I like this song because it make me meditate about things like a lot of people is always thinking about what they´ll be what they´ll be their jobs and they lose their lives thinking about futur leaving the present go away.
    This is un desencanto encantador:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfrhrE7Uln4
    2ºThe ame of this song is ``No solo´´, the group is ``SFDK´´, it si from Sevilla. like this song almost for the same reason than the other,but in this because like the other they teach me things you cannot learn at the school and at home either, an example could be how person can be like really bad(I would use a better word to define this but i think is to informal)or really good, how a really good friend could an enemy in a blink of eyes, how things you think are going to be always in the same way it change before you realize it.
    This is no solo:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUQjDJTdTTk
    I just put those links for someone who want to listen to the songs.

    Tomás Geronimo Muñoz Sánchez-Matas

    ResponderEliminar
  2. hi!

    I really love music,and I think that "We are young" is a great song, I heard during the summer, and I learnt the lyrics for sang it with my friends jaja.

    So I listened a lot of differents songs during the summer.
    But once of my favourites was...
    *Summertime- My chemical romance.
    or *Starships of Nicki minaj.
    The second song is more attractive to parties or dance, but the first, the group taht sing it is my favourite so I prefer it.

    In my opinion, music is life.
    When I feel down, music help me to carry on.


    Patricia Naharro Aguilar.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello! :)

    Now I am going to talk about my favourite song of this summer, but I have the same Tomas's problem.

    · My first favourite song,

    The song is called " StarShips " , it is from the singer " Nicki Minaj " she is from Trinidad and Tobago.
    She bacame famouse with her song " Pink Friday " .
    The Nicki Minaj's genress are Hip hop, rap, R&B, pop and dance.
    I like this song because Improves moods, you can check this, someday when you be for exemple sad, listen this song and later you will be great! :)


    ·My second song is,

    " Pan y Mantequilla " from " Efecto Pasillo "
    Today was the first song in the 40 Principales's list.
    I like this song almost for the same reason than the other song.

    These are the links of the songs:

    - StarShips ( Nicki Minaj ):

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT7MWDoW_rc

    - Pan y mantequilla ( Efecto Pasillo )

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Hp4K0PwRQ

    Kisses!

    María Luceño Sánchez

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hello!
    First, I wanna say something: Life without music is not life
    Now, I´m going to talk about two songs I like of this summer

    - First song is : "This Way" of Swan Fyahbwoy. He is Spanish, he born in Madrid.He has got a web http://www.fyahbwoy.com/ is a great singer. He usually sing rap
    I like this song because make me empower about the life and this is all.

    - I´m going to talk about a festival , is not a song but I love this festival and I dream with I will go there.This festival is celebrated in Belgium,is the best festival in the world so every years go people of all the world.
    I like this festival because stir my imagination, make me happy, lift my mood and of course excite me and stimulate.The festival name´s Tomorrowland.


    These are the links of the songs:

    -"This Way" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swJoSDrfwAE
    - " Tomorrowland 2012 " : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWb5Qc-fBvk.

    Rubén Sánchez Gómez

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hi everybody!!!
    I think the same that another people so I am not to say the same.
    I often listen to the music in my house, and believe it or not, I concentrate when I listen to the music.

    My favourite songs of this summer are:

    1º: Chaising the Sun. It's a song by ``The Wanted´´. It is a recently band with five members, they are: Max George, Jay McGuiness, Siva Kaneswaran,Tom Parker and Nathan Sykes. Their most important single is ``All Time Low´´.

    2º: Scream. It is a song sung by Usher. It is included in his seventh music album called`` Looking 4 Myself´´. Usher is from United States. He owns part of Clevaland Cavaliers. It is a basketball team of the NBA. He has got his own label called``US Records´´.

    Bye!!


    Javier Luceño Sánchez.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Hi!

    This song is a of the better songs of summer but it isn't my favourite because there two song that I like more.Now I'm going to talk about my favourite two song of this summer.

    My first favourite song is "Summer paradise" of Simple Plan
    Because in this song they talk about paradise and also the band is my favourite because they have songs taht I like.

    My second favourite song is "Turn up the music" of Chris Brwon
    Because the song is spectacular and I like the video because Chris Brown dance very good.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Hi!
    I think that We are young is a very good song, but It isn't my favourite.

    My favourites songs of the summer are, ''Summer Paradise'' and ''Pan y Mantequilla''

    Summer Paradise is a great song because It motivate me and help me to feel better. Summer Paradise is sung by the group, simple plan, one of my favorite groups.
    Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjHlgrGsLWQ

    Pan y Mantequilla is a very good song. This song is special to me because it makes me remember a lot of moments of the summer. I like it a lot.
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Hp4K0PwRQ

    ResponderEliminar
  10. Hi!
    I'm having a lot of great songs in my mind at the moment but I'm going to talk about only one: Scream.

    This song , Scream, ( by Usher ) is my favourite song of the summer.In my opinion, it estimulates you, makes you feel happier, lift your spirits and lift your mood.

    His composer, Usher,an American singer, has sold more than forty- five million of discos and I know that he has his own record label, US records.

    I like this song because it's loud, strong, rhythmic but it isn't strident.

    Music is very important in my life. It can make you feel good in a sad day so I listen to music everyday.

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hello!!
    We are young is a very good song but im going to tell you about others songs.


    One popular song of the summer is called "Gangman style".
    The music video has been viewed over 251 million times in only 2 months on Youtube. It's from a South Korean group called PSY.
    Perhaps it's not my favourite song but it's a really cool song with a very funny video --->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0


    My second favourite song is "Whistle" of Flo Rida. I like this song because make me happy and motivate me. The video also is good ;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSnkWzZ7ZAA&list=PL4BBA2A569CC5C535&index=8&feature=plcp


    Juan José Cintado López






    ResponderEliminar
  12. Hello everybody!!

    I'm going to talk about my two favourite song of this summer.

    The first song is "Pan y mantequilla" of "Efecto pasillo".This band is formed by four person,all of them are spanish.I like this song because is really cool and good.

    The second song is "scream" of Usher(American siger).I like this song because it motivate me and is also good song.

    I listen music everydays but I listen more music when I go to my village(Perales del puerto).

    Bye bye :)
    Jorge Luceño Sánchez.

    ResponderEliminar
  13. Hi!

    I think that the music is a special way to show different feelings. The songs are loud and melodious make me happy but other songs of romantic themes or a gentle rhythm make me have a melancholic mood.
    For that, I've chosen one of the most energetic songs of last summer, it called "Call me maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen. This singer recently released another single, "Good time", which will on sale with another hit.
    "Call me maybe" was known for a kind of video in which appear different famous people. They are shown funny, making silly and dancing.
    The true music video was filmed after. In video the girl (Carly) have a new neighbor, a good-looking boy, she try give him her number but the boy is interested in her friend. The boy is gay.
    This song lift my spirits. The base is cool and stimulate to do crazy things. I have a funny dancing for it!

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Hi :)
    I like so much this song, but my favourite songs are "Pan y Mantequilla" and "Angelitos sin alas".

    Pan y Mantequilla is a song of Efecto Pasillo, this summer I listened a lot of on the beach. I like this song because the lyrics is pretty.
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Hp4K0PwRQ

    Angelitos sin alas is a song of Juan Magan, I like so much because the song remember me a special person in this summer. And the lyrics is very pretty too.
    link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB52nMJx4gA

    Normaly, I like listen music always.

    Natalia Ceballos.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Hello :)

    I like this song but I really like other two songs :)

    The firts song is "Tanto" of Pablo Alboran.Pablo is a Spanish singer very popular,he was in Cáceres this summer. I like this song because makes me think.

    And the second song that I like is "Summer Paradise" Simple Plan ft. Sean Paul.I like this song because makes me think about things I've experienced this summer.

    I like this song but they aren't my favorite songs.

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Hello!

    I love music! I can't live without them. There are songs that makes me happy, like "It's my life" by Bon Jovi and songs that make me feel sad, like "Candle in the Wind" by Elton John. Music is the best medicine for bad moments and the best "friend" for good moments.
    I like "We are young" because is a exciting song and it lift my mood.

    This summer I did't listen many new songs because I listened a lot of old songs.
    My favourite song of summer was "Summer Paradise" by Simple Plan because is a energetic song and it makes me happy.
    Sincerely, I prefer to listen Queen, Bon Jovi and One Direction :P

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Hello!
    "We are young" is a good song like this song but I have two favourite songs of this summer.
    The first song is "Call me maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen because I dance this song a lot with one of my best friends.
    The other song is "Tanto" by Pablo Alborán because is a song that remember me a moment that I live this summer.
    Music is my life and my love
    Andrea Naranjo

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Hi!
    I´m talk about my favourites in last summer:

    My first song is "Call me a spaceman" by Hardwell because I like the music house and I dance this song with my friends.

    And the second song is "Work Hard Play Hard" by Wiz Khalifa because is a song with a lyrics very cool and makes me think.

    There are the links of the songs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0z-gCPFO6o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRRF6IyUYEE

    Antonio Caldera

    ResponderEliminar
  19. Hello everyone!
    This summer was very exciting to me, because I went to usa and there, I listened american music and I can say you many songs, so, there I go:
    The first is Black and Yellow, many people like this song there, but at most, the teenagers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWAGLkyxQG0

    I can also say that this song --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY (Someboday that I used to know) is very common here now and there is famous too.

    What I think about the song "We are young"?
    I think is awesome, and i like the band in general called "FUN." and is very fun like the name says.

    ResponderEliminar
  20. Hi!
    I'm going to talk about my two favourite song of this summer.

    First song: ''Levels'' by Avicii, it is a good song because it has a great melody and I like too much.

    Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ovdm2yX4MA

    Second song: ''She wolf (falling to pieces)'' by David Guetta, I like too because it is the same style of song (more or less).

    Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uweWiCLT8Eg

    For me, they are the bests DJS of the world

    ResponderEliminar
  21. I'm going to talk about my favourite songs of this summer.
    The first is ‘’Llueve’’ of Melendi. I like this song because I listened a lot to the beach and I remember many moments.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufo9OOH4CiI


    The second is ‘Te voy a esperar’ of Juan Magan ft. Belinda. I like this song because it reminds me of a person in the last summer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIe4VHXpftg

    María Ávila

    ResponderEliminar
  22. Hello
    I like the song "Whistle" is from Florida because it brings very good memories of this summer.
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSnkWzZ7ZAA
    And others such as "Pan y mantequilla" is from "Efecto pasillo" because the lyrics are beautiful.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5Hp4K0PwRQ
    Ana Ramírez.

    ResponderEliminar
  23. hello!
    i love music but i haven´t favorite song of the last summer.
    But if i choose one i´ll choose "el ocaso de los idolos " is from Rapsoda and chojin because it make me meditate about other people without ideology or personality .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjsMEZfqfCQ
    and other song is "psy gangnam stlyle "it is very funny
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

    ResponderEliminar
  24. I'm going to talk about my favourites songs in the summer:
    My favorite song is 'Pan y mantequilla' by ' Efecto pasillo' that it is a spanish band. I like this song because is really good.
    My second favorite song of the summer is ' One more night' by ' Maroon 5' that is a american band. I like this sonf because motivates me.
    I like much the music but I can't listen to music every day.

    ResponderEliminar